The Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Lung Health, which is part of the Austrian Ludwig Boltzmann Society, was founded in 2002 to conduct clinical and translational pneumological research at the Lung Competence Center of the Penzing Clinic in Vienna. In 2012, the Austrian LEAD Study, a longitudinal, epidemiological observational study, was launched. The aim is to investigate the development of lung health across the lifespan. The cohort study includes a representative sample of the Austrian general population between the ages of 6 and 80. Over 15,000 individuals have already participated in the LEAD Study!
We continue to grow strongly and are looking to expand our team in Vienna at the earliest possible date in full time for a highly motivated
Statistician / Mathematician
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, data science, epidemiology, or comparable studies
- Knowledge in statistical methodology and possibly knowledge in clinical research
- Excellent coding skills in R and ideally also in Python with project-based experience
- Good written and oral German and English skills
- High interest in scientific work
- Initiative, commitment, loyalty, reliability, analytical thinking, structured and independent working style
- Planning and execution of sophisticated statistical analyses of clinical trial data
- Programming of automated data analyses and statistical evaluations
- Creation and quality assurance of statistical analysis plans (SAPs)
- Consulting and support of international project teams regarding statistical issues
- Statistical supervision of Master and PhD students
- Planning and conducting exploratory analyses using advanced statistical methods
- If interested, the assumption of (partial) project responsibility is possible, possibly also participation in the planning, calculation and management of analysis projects.
- An international and dynamic environment with continuous learning opportunities
- Interesting tasks in medical statistics, especially in clinical and epidemiological studies
- An inclusive team where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued
- For this full-time position, the gross monthly salary is EUR 3050.00. The salary is negotiable depending on qualifications or work experience. If desired, the position would also be available on a part-time basis.
You can also find more information and impressions about us at: https://leadstudy.at/
Then we are looking forward to your meaningful application! Send your application documents (letter of motivation, CV, certificates, descriptions of expertise, link to GitHub account if applicable) to Mrs. Nadine Forstenlechner (firstname.lastname@example.org).